Daniel P. Kiefer
Daniel is a Partner in the firm’s Trust and Estate Litigation department. He has represented numerous fiduciaries—including trustees, personal representatives, and receivers—in a variety of complex litigations. Daniel also routinely represents beneficiaries and creditors in estate and trust matters, including will and trust contests. Additionally, Daniel regularly assists clients with real estate related litigations involving quiet title, slander of title, partition, and challenges to transfer documents/deeds.
Prior to forming Lee Kiefer & Park, Daniel worked for The Rushforth Firm, Ltd. where he participated in hundreds of estate and trust matters. Daniel also worked at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, LLP where he worked on civil ligation and bankruptcy litigation matters with a diverse group of clients including local gaming companies, financial institutions, investors, and small business owners.
Before the practice of law, Daniel attended Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah where he played four years on the Men’s Varsity Rugby team, earning a silver medal (national runner-up) in the Division I 2007 Men’s Championship. Daniel graduated from BYU in 2007 with a BS in Sociology and then attended J. Rueben Clark Law School at BYU, graduating magna cum laude in 2011.
For seven consecutive years (2014 to 2020), Daniel has been selected by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the categories of Civil Litigation and Trust and Estate Litigation. In 2019 and 2020, Daniel was selected as a member of Nevada’s Legal Elite by Nevada Business Magazine.
In addition to his litigation practice, Daniel also has an active appellate practice. He has worked on numerous appeals to the Nevada Supreme Court and argued multiple cases before en banc panels. Daniel has also assisted on federal appeals to the Ninth Circuit, as well as an opposition to cert for the United States Supreme Court.
In his near decade of legal experience, Daniel has taken and defended nearly a hundred depositions, briefed and argued hundreds of motions and petitions, tried multiple cases, and participated in dozens of appeals.
- J.D. Brigham Young University, J. Ruben Clark Law School, magna cum laude
- B.S. Sociology, Brigham Young University.
Awards and Distinctions
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, Mountain States, 2014-2020
- Nevada Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine, 2019-2020
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Trust and Estate Appeals
- Real Estate Litigation
Selected Published Cases
- In re Matter of Colman Family Revocable Living Trust, 136 Nev. Adv. Op. 13, 460 P.3d 452 (2019)
- In re W.N. Connell and Marjorie T. Connnel Living Trust, 134 Nev. 613, 426 P.3d 599 (2018)
- Nissenbaum v. NNH Cal Neva Services Co., LLC, 983 F.Supp.2d 1245 (D. Nev. 2013)
- Nissenbaum v. NNH Cal Neva Services Co., LLC, 983 F.Supp.2d 1234 (D. Nev. 2013)